Monday, March 16, 2009

My brain just exploded

So Im reading through transcripts of LOST episodes. Im currently reading the 9th episode of Season 2, "What Kate Did". And I found something quite interesting. Allow me to enlighten:

EKO: Hello. I have something I think you should see. If you don't mind, I will begin at the beginning. Long before Christ the king of Judah was a man named Josiah.
LOCKE: Boy when you say beginning, you mean beginning.
EKO: At that time the temple where the people worshipped was in ruin. And so the people worshipped idols, false gods. And so the kingdom was in disarray. Josiah, since he was a good king, sent his secretary to the treasury and said: "We must rebuild the temple. Give all of the gold to the workers so that this will be done." But when the secretary returned, he had no gold. And when Josiah asked why this was the secretary replied, "We found a book." Do you know this story?
LOCKE: No, I'm afraid I don't.
EKO: What the secretary had found was an ancient book -- the Book of Law. You may know it as the Old Testament. And it was with that ancient book, not with the gold, that Josiah rebuilt the temple.

OK, so in "Cabin Fever", the 11th episode of Season 4, we see Richard Alpert visit Locke as a child. Richard shows him several objects, including a 'Book of Laws'.

First of all, I am getting the impression that a lot of the Island's history will be related to ancient Egypt and surrounding areas. I think it is also a fairly solid concensus that Alpert is frick-old. So.............. that will be an interesting reveal whenever it may occur...

No comments: