Monday, April 20, 2009

LOST According to Allison: Some Like it Hoth

I want to put this up before Dan's recap this afternoon, because I love noticing things I have missed in his review. Let's see what i can remember:

*I am so glad we got a Miles centric episode! Im hoping we get a Daniel one next. Ickle Boy Miles was adorable, and he managed to be more sad than creepy. I felt so bad for him!

*So THERE everyone who thought the baby was Sun and THAT was why she couldn't come back to 1977! I knew it was Miles since the beginning of the season. Of course, this does make me even more curious as to why Sun couldn't go back...

*Maybe the creepiest death so far in this show - and there have been many, many creepy deaths - has to be the metal-capped tooth flying through someone's brain and out of their skull. :shudder:

*I am debating whether Miles' mom chose to leave and just blamed Chang, or if Chang sent them away out of love, because Miles thinking he is a jerk pretty much proves that we will see him "redeemed". I'm thinking that something happens to baby Miles with the magnets, and maybe it causes his 'gift', which makes Chang send them away.

*So Bram - what the hey hey? Pre-Island knowledge? Why am I surprised? The question, technically, is whose side is he on. He "obviously" (and I say it in quotes because nothing is concrete on LOST) isn't working for Widmore, and I dont think he is working with Ben. Soooo... Christian? Jacob? RICHARD?!?

*If anyone asks me what lies in the shadow of the statue, Im saying, "Darkness". Just throwing that out there.

*So here is a note on the literary connections made in LOST. This is a poem by Horace Smith entitled "On A Stupendous Leg of Granite":
"In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows.
"I am great
Ozymandias," saith the stone,
"The King of kings: this mighty city shows
The wonders of my hand." The city's gone!
Naught but the leg remaining to disclose
The sight of that forgotten Babylon.
We wonder, and some hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when through the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the wolf in chase,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What wonderful, but unrecorded, race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place."


And YES, if you follow the link for Ozymandias, you find Ramesses II... just something to think about...

*I KNEW something was going to happen with that tape. And yes, it was obvious when Miles left it there, but I mean before that, as in as soon as Sawyer mentioned a tape. Oh Phil... your creepy face may not be long for this world.

*Best line of the episode" "Polar bear poop. Got it." But I have to give some snaps to the line, "Long time no see", from Daniel to Miles. Clever cat, that one. Yea Daniel is back!!!

So, no new LOST this week - :sad: - but they will ahve some sort of recap episode on Wednesday night, in case you want to catch up. Enjoy, and the next new one is called, "The Variable"... hmm...

No comments: