Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blogs I Love

Here are some cool blogs/sites I am watching right now, and what makes them rock:
www.ikeahacker.blogspot.com
Ikea Hacker is an interesting version of a DIY site, because the instructions aren't usually specific. It's more like, "Look at the cool, creative thing I made out of a and b. What can you do?" There are lots of things on this site that I wish I could make, and even a few I probably could (maybe even would) make, and if nothing else, it is a great source of creative inspiration. For example, the latest idea that I am actually considering for myself is the Money bank. You take a deep frame, put in a picture of what you are saving for (ie a trip to DisneyWorld), and you make a slot for money. So whenever you put money into the bank, you see your goal shine up at you! This would make a great gift for kids, I think.

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/
Few things are as therapeutic as looking at yummy and funny pics of cupcakes. Don't believe me? Give it a try. Tell me these don't make your mouth water.

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/
Seriously, these are hilarious. Laughter (and catharsis) is one of the things more therapeutic than cupcakes. You get to read the notes people leave behind, from subtle to brick-heavy, from polite to hateful, from gentle to ALL CAPS AND PUNCUATION!!!!! If they don't brighten your day from laughing, at least you can say, "Well, at least I don't have THAT problem..."

No comments: