Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Saving Money

Spending Money
I have spent quite a bit of time trying to squirrel away money, knowing I would need it. It has been a great comfort to me to know that I had, if nothing else, "emergency money" tucked away. However, the purpose of saving money is to spend it later, and I suddenly have LOTS of places for that money to go. Buy a car, plan vacations, 'family festivities', future apt to consider - It can be daunting. I am greatly looking forward to these events and purchases, it just startles me knowing that thanks to the American economy and mind-set, it is practically INEVITABLE to go into debt. It literally gives me anxiety from time to time.
Money is so interesting, and value can be so relative. This money I have put away, to some people (my age and younger) sounds like so much. But to others (mostly older, more financially experienced adults) it seem pathetic and weak. I am proud of my efforts, however miniscule, and I intend to keep squirrelling away what I can.
But I'm nervous...

No comments: