Friday, June 8, 2007

My Own Words


From Someone Else's Mouth

Grags, you have done it again. You have written words that so brilliantly capture my own feelings (at least most of them). This blog (excluding all of that Star Wars stuff.....) almost made my eyes water because it made me realize how much I miss being sleep deprived and hungry and HATING the monologue I was about the stumble through. I mean it, parts of our educational experience were hell, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Well, maybe some people would have been deleted or moved around, but the education, the rehearsals, the scenes, the recitals, the rush of a curtain call (be ye Bug or McFuzz) are forever ingrained in my mind and I long for it.

Now I have a life (yea!), but I'm not sure how to balance both worlds. I want to keep spinning that plate, but I don't know how. I know, I know, 'give it up to God', but I still have to do the work, you know? I can't just say, "Here God, make me a well-adjusted actor above the poverty line - GO!" It does not work like that.

Oh Grags, what I wouldn't give for a 12:30am rehearsal (even if it was for Gypsy...having to kiss Peter... ok, maybe another scene...)

No comments: