Monday, December 1, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

WDW: The Highest Concentration of Joy in the World

I receive a weekly letter with tips for Disney World goers, and I love it. The hvae also been keeping up with reports of The Year of a Million Dreams. I read this one, and I literally almost got tears in my eyes, because this was not about a grand prize from the corporation that is Disney. This story is about a random act of kindness that kind of "paid it forward".

"I was staying at Wilderness Lodge during September and met a couple on their honeymoon. They had made no advanced dining reservations and since it was during the free dining plan promotion there were none to be found. I had some reservations for the Beach Club's Cape May Cafe and I asked the concierge to switch them to this couple's name. I explained that my family and I could get a Quick Service meal somewhere else. The concierge smiled, asked me and my daughter to wait, and got her a colorful wildlife conservation pin. When my daughter politely asked if she could please get one for her big brother because he liked animals, the concierge returned not only with a pin for him but an extra special Tinker Bell pin for my daughter for being so thoughtful. So not only was the honeymoon couple thrilled to have a beautiful dinner out, my kids were so excited with their special pins and wore them every day the rest of the trip. Truly magical!"

No comments: