Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's for Dinner?



I have to start by saying how much I love Pinterest. I truly do. Count me among the many, because I can (and occasionally do) waste hours looking at everything from DIYs I'll never accomplish to funny Doctor Who memes.



I definitely have a soft spot for the recipes, though. Of all of the things I might actually utilize in real life, I find the recipes fit the bill. Today I discovered this "Make Your Own Rotisserie Chicken" pin, and I can't wait to try it.



I love buying those pre-cooked chickens at the store, because I can use them for so many things and it saves tons of time. I look forward to trying one myself and seeing it is truly is cheaper (and by how much).



My favorite recipes to make with rotisserie chicken includes:






Typically I slice off the breast meat for the first meal and serve it with simple sides, then I tear up the remaining bits and use them for one of the above recipes. The taquitos are hugely popular in my family; Mom requests them frequently. They are best served with rice and/or beans (I generally make black beans) and with guacamole (HEB or Chipotle, if not homemade). My favorite side dish for them, though, is to simply blend avocado with the salsa verde and a splash of lime juice. I call it Guacoverde... don't be like me.



The Chicken and Wild Rice salad makes a great lunch, especially served with fresh fruit or veggies on the side. It also pairs well or very light white wines, even something crisp like a Sauvignon Blanc. This meal has picnic written all over it.



And now that I'm officially drooling, on to lunch!

No comments: