Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cannonball Read III

I am going to push myself this next year to participate in the third annual Cannoball Read over at Pajiba. I made a long list (quite some time ago) of new books I should read, and even purchased several of them, but I never got around to them. I am a creature of habit, all told. I love reading, but I reeeeally love going back to my favorites over and over again.

Ask me how many times I've read Good Omens or Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

A lot.

The Cannonball Read was started 'Alabama Pink', an amazing woman who was a member of the Pajiba online society. She loved reading, and she started this challenge as a push for people to read 52 books in a year. They also had to write reviews on a blog. Quite a weighty task, but many people took it up.

She passed away last year from leukemia, leaving behind husband 'ahamos' and their son Alastair. The yearly read has lived on, and now it is used as a means to raise funds for Lil A's college education.

I am finally taking up the task this year. The rules have become more flexible, allowing for Half Cannonballs or Quarter Cannonballs. I'm signing up for a QC, which means 13 books read and reviewed before winter of 2011. Hopefully I can exceed that expectation, but I've met me, so I'm aiming for 13.

Wish me luck, and read my reviews as I post them!

(Update: I mentioned the Cannonball Read last year, as well as Prisco's 100 Book Challenge. Check it out)

No comments: