Thursday, December 10, 2009

Second Chance Movies

I have been thinking a lot lately about bad movies. I frequently visit Pajiba, and I find that my taste in movies (and everything) is rarely the same as their average reader. But sometimes I find a list that really speaks to me except for one glaring entry that I cannot comprehend. Recently, they did a list of the Greatest Love Stories of the Aughts.

"Hey," I thought, "I like love stories." So I clicked, and I read, and I shrieked.

Punch-Drunk Love?!? PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE?!?!? Seriously?!?

I don't remember anything about that movie except a) that dreadful song "he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me" over and over and over again, and b) HATING IT! Truly, I remember wanting to stab everyone in my general reaching radius.

And today they put up a list of the Best Movie Villains of the Decade, and they had Mr. Glass form Unbreakable on there. I saw that movie in the theater, and raging boredom led to sleep.

When I come across these instances, I have to ask myself, "Did I miss something?" Sure, if I fell asleep during a movie, I could assume it means the movie bored me. Or, I might have been really freaking tired. People, I feel asleep during Iron Man. From what I have heard, it was not boring. In fact, most people who loved it swear it was packed full of action. I just remember lots of quiet talks and dry quips and zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I have decided that perhaps I should compile a list of movies that I have seen and didn't like, but just might deserve another chance. I don't have much on it yet, but here is the start:

Unbreakable
Stardust
Punch-Drunk Love

I might ahve to add the original Star Trek movies,because I havent seen them since wee childhood, and hopefully would better appreciate them now, as my nerdness blossoms. And I almost want to say the sixth Harry Potter film, because I was so sorely disappointed, but I didn't hate the story, just the representation.

In turn, there are also those movies you love and swear by and gradually idolize as a favorite, and then when you watch them a second time, months later, you wonder, "What on Earth was I thinking?" Boondocks Saints, I'm looking at you! Although, I still love it for it's campy quality and fun accents.

No comments: