Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Updates and such

I don't seem to update this blog very much, so here I go:
It is April 22nd. Tonight the Astros are playing the Padres, and Brad and I will be there to cheer them on! If we can actually get there on time, we will get green Astros caps (Go Green! Night). Over the past few weeks Brad and I have made our reservations for (and the trumpets sound) DISNEY WORLD!!!!! I have so uber-excited!! I have already planned most of the trip; I want to be organized, but leave time open for discovering new things. We are going in August (the 10th through the 15th to be exact), so it will be SCORCHING HOT. I don't mind; bring on sunscreen, a tan and two awesome water parks!! We are trying to save up extra money, too, for food and a crap load of souvenirs. Seriously, I will come back with a Disney Tattoo if they offer them on site.....OK, that's a lie.
I have gotten involved with the teen girls ministry at Bammel. I am loving it, and I have Grags to thank for being a wonderful inspiration to me!! We are planning some summer Bible studies and get-togethers. I'm vying for the Chocolate Bar - who's with me?
Brad and I have joined and committed to a Connection Group, and we are LOVING IT! How could we not with the incredible food, furniture and worship?
I am practically counting down the days until Morgan moves back home (which happens in roughly 8 months) so that we can watch Runway and SVU until our eyes bug out. I MISS YOU, ROOMIE! We have much mischief to manage, so hurry home!
We are adjusting slowly to living on a budget, especially now that we are trying to set money aside for WDW. I am cooking more, often for my folks as well. It is just easier to prepare a meal for four, you know? We don't get to Alvin very much, so we miss his folks and Michael. We are going out there this coming weekend, which should be fun. And I have got to find a way to get that baby gift to his cousin soon...hmm...
Now comes the arduous and slow-moving task of losing weight, or at least shaping up. If I'm hitting Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach frequently in the heat of August then I had better feel good in the bathing suit! Both of us get winded just walking up to our apartment (a third floor walk-up), so perhaps a workout is in order.
I have been warned not to drink the water at work thanks to an "outbreak" of pregnancy around my office. I dont have the heart to tell them that is not how you get pregnant. Maybe I will schedule a "Birds-n-Bees" conference.
That seems to be everything I can pull off the top of my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I would like to point out that I cannot WAIT to be back! Well, technically, I can't wait for Andy and I to *both* be back there. ;-) But it won't be that much longer!!!