Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly Loving List: 40

Well, my due date was yesterday. Technically I am now in week 41, but I still haven't written about what I loved last week. Let's see what I can muster.

Week 40: I'm Loving...

*getting the mail. Seriously, it feels like having a birthday that never ends, because there seems to always be something showing up. Maybe it is something I ordered, maybe it is a gift or card, maybe it is a free sample of some baby product. What can I say, who doesn't love getting presents?

*our nursery. We FINALLY got up the vinyl decal on the wall! Every time I think the nursery is "done", I realize another thing (of course), but things are coming along very well. I've made the pelmet box, now I just need to add the fabric and hang it. I've made the mobile, but I have to figure out the best way to hang it. Then I need to pick up this great bookcase I saw at BB&B to replace the weird shelf in there. And I think that is really it! I've been so bad about posting pictures, but I promise to add some soon.

*dates with my husband. We have several free nights together, and we've been having lots of fun; trying new restaurants, renting movies, and just spending quality time together. I'm a bit nervous that it will be harder to come by once the little one arrives, so I'm thrilled we're doing it now.

*working from home. It really is a blessing to have that option. Somehow I manage to focus better at home, which I can't understand, plus I can stay in my jim-jams!

*FOOD! I've been really enjoying snacks lately, and as long as I stay on the healthy end of the spectrum it is good news. Cottage cheese and peaches, yogurt, peanut butter toast, open-faced ham sandwich, raw almonds - I'm chowing down! I'm getting hungry just writing this, in fact... it may be time for a bowl of cereal...

*quiet time. I've been taking advantage of my quiet time when I can, spending it in prayer and in visualization. It really helps me to feel aligned emotionally and spiritually, which is something I need to establish now as best as I can.

I could probably come up with more, but I'm really craving some cereal now, so I'm distracted. ;-)

No comments: