Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Moment to Mourn

I'm not sure how I missed hearing about this weeks ago; I was completely blind-sided last night. My father was recapping 'Idol' for me, because I haven't really watched it this season. He mentioned David Cook's performance, and he he thought "it was dedicated to his brother, since he died", and I swear I heard that sound in my head of a record being manually stopped.
"What? Wait, Adam died? When"
"Oh, you hadn't heard? I just assumed you knew. It was a few weeks ago."
And I just started crying. That may seem silly, since I don't personally know the Cook family by any strecth, but I was so emotional in that moment.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to pray for the Cook family; for all of their struggles and heartache. Also, to send up praise, not only for the peace they have through God, but for David's career, which surely helped eliminate massive debt accrued from medical costs. I know that sounds shallow, but I love to see the way God works, and I think that little piece of the puzzle should not be ignored.

No comments: