Monday, November 16, 2009

Pantry Pounding

OK, first of all, I know I'm awful for not posting pictures yet. I'm working on it. I have a mediocre camera and less-than mediocre photography skills, so I have yet to really love the pics.

We had such an amazing blessing on Sunday through our Pantry Pounding. So many friends and family stopped by and took the tour of our new home. It certainly doesn't look finished, but for living in it for two weeks, I would say it looks pretty good! We got bags upon bags of goodies, including several interesting products I would never buy myself (more later). It reminded me of a mixed CD: I always loved having others mix me a CD, because you get a sense of their taste, as well as their opinion of your taste.

Some people brought basics (peanut butter, jelly, salt, pepper, etc) while others brought eccentricities (California lemon peel, Mediterranean basil leaves, injectable Cajun butter with syringe). We even received five different kinds of rice! In case you (like me two days ago) cannot come up with five different kinds of rice, let me help you:
Jasmine rice
Basmati rice
Texmati rice (apparently basmati rice grown in TX)
Saffron rice (squee!)
Spanish rice

Hungry yet? I am. Now I just need to go buy some curry powder and get the recipe from Heather.

Between the gift cards, groceries and good company, we were overwhelmingly blessed this weekend. Thank you to all who contributed, and to those who sent well wishes and prayers!

No comments: